School Uniform List
We believe that uniform, apart from being practical, helps children develop a sense of identity with our school while at the same time creating an image of which we can all be proud. Our school uniform is simple, bright and comfortable.
- Red jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt (with or without MV logo*)
- White polo shirt or blouse (with or without MV logo*)
- Dark grey skirt, tunic dress or smart grey trousers or shorts – belts and buttons can be difficult for younger children to manage, especially when going to the toilet
- White or grey socks or grey, black or white tights
- Suitable black shoes – please avoid ‘boot’ style shoes and laces
During the summer, the following can be worn:
- a white or red polo short or short sleeve white shirt or blouse
- a dress in small red and white checked material
- sandals - these should be black, red, white, navy or brown. No sling-backs, peep-toe, platform soles or heels may be worn for health and safety reasons.
Children can also wear an optional red fleece, ideal for Spring and Autumn weather, which can be purchased through the PTA.
Hair and jewellery
- Long hair must be tied back at all times for health and safety reasons.
- Children may wear only small stud earrings to school but these must be removed on the day your child has P.E./swimming. No other jewellery may be worn.
Book bags and wellingtons
All Reception children must have a Marian Vian book bag and a pair of wellington boots.
- Black shorts
- Red T-Shirt
- Plimsolls (socks if tights are being worn).
- P.E kit should be kept in a bag and hung on your child’s peg. The school sells red drawstring P.E bags with the MV logo.
You will be notified when your child has outdoor P.E and Bushcraft and what clothing is appropriate (usually plain joggers, plain sweatshirt and trainers). Please make sure you choose clothing that your child can manage to get on and off independently. With the best will in the world we cannot undress and dress 30 children for P.E. – we can really only help with the odd trouser button or tricky buckle.
Each item of clothing must be clearly marked with your child’s name. Lost propery can only be reunited with its owner if it is clearly labelled.
You can order stick in name labels from Stikins and raise funds for our school at the same time! Please go to
https://www.stikins.co.uk and use the school fundraising number 12926.
How to order new uniform
We are very proud of our school uniform at Marian Vian. The PTA organise, take payment and distribute uniform on our behalf.
* these items are all available to buy with the school logo on them. Please see below for the current price list and click on 'order uniform here' below to order direct from the PTA. Your order will be processed and left in the school office for collection.
For any queries please email email@example.com
How to order nearly new (good condition second hand) uniform
The PTA operates a second hand uniform service. Previously used uniform (in good condition) is donated and we then sell donations at an incredibly reasonable cost. Most items are only £1!
P.E. kits as well as winter and summer uniforms for both boys and girls are in plentiful supply.
For nearly new uniform please email the PTA on firstname.lastname@example.org
Donating or purchasing second hand uniform items delivers 100% profit to the PTA and is a great way to support us.