PE & Sport Premium
Primary PE & Sports Premium Overview
From September 2013 all state primary schools (maintained; academy and free) have been receiving ring fenced additional funding via the The Primary PE and Sports Premium as facilitated by the Government Departments of Education; Sport and Health. It is our school’s intention to employ the funding to address both confidence and ability in the delivery of high quality Physical Education amongst staff in the school as well as promoting active healthy lifestyle choices to our pupils.
As a school, we believe that this will create the greatest sustainable impact upon both staff and pupils with the drive to demonstrate how active healthy lifestyles should be placed at the heart of the curriculum as a whole child and school improvement tool. Many research studies have confirmed the direct link between physical literacy and the substantial impact that it has provided by way of improved pupil behaviour; attainment and achievement.
The school wholeheartedly endorses and complies with the DfE Vision Statement for The Premium:
All pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Funding will therefore be targeted, in line with DfE published criteria, towards the following areas:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Evidence of Impact
Your School Games: https://www.yourschoolgames.com/schools/marian-vian-primary-school/