Payment for meals
All Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 children are entitled to free school meals under the Government's Universal Free School Meals Grant. However, for Key Stage 2 children Harrisons (our catering company) require school meals to be paid for in advance. Payments should be made via the school's online payment system in Arbor. The cost of a school meal is £2.30 per day.
Free School Meals
Pupils may receive benefits-related free school meals if their parent(s) are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided the parents are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals
For further information about applying for free school meals or to make an online application please visit the link below.
Parents are encouraged to apply for free meals even if you prefer your child to have a packed lunch, as this attracts valuable additional funding for the school.
If your child would prefer to bring a packed lunch please ensure that this contains no nuts as we have children in school with severe allergies. Any drinks sent in should be in a plastic container or carton. No glass or cans of fizzy drink should be brought into school. Please ensure that all lunch boxes are clearly named.
All food in lunch boxes should be eaten at lunch time. In addition, Key Stage 2 children may bring in a fruit snack for morning break. Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 children have fruit for morning break provided by the school.